Sunday, November 20, 2016

EDS and the St Louis Blues

Hello all!! Time for an update on Brennan. I know we have had some people ask how Brennan has been doing and so we figured it was time to update. November 2nd we celebrated his "Zipperversary".. his anniversary of his 2nd brain surgery. Can't believe it has been a year already! I sat looking through all my Facebook comments and pictures from his surgery and I couldn't help but get teary eyed. That was a rough one for me to sit and look through the pictures and read the comments. This kid is a warrior. He has been through a lot and still continues to amaze us.

Couple weeks ago we entered Brennan's picture into a contest for St. Louis Blues tickets. Last Monday we got the call that Brennan was the winner of those tickets. I was very shocked he won. He won two tickets to the Winter Classic. The Blues against the Chicago Blackhawks at Busch Stadium. How cool is that? His smile on his face was priceless when I told him he won. It is the little things that make him happy. St. Louis Blues hockey makes him happy. Chris will be taking him to the game. It is good father/son bonding time! Making memories... that is what I want for him. Thank you to those that shared and voted on his story on Facebook. We appreciate it very much!

The last couple weeks he has been struggling with his pain and some other things. I called Dr. Frim regarding his pain he has been having if it could be related to his Chiari. After much discussion and also talking to Brennan's psychiatrist and pediatrician they feel that his Ehlers Danlos Syndrome is probably the issue. They all wanted a 2nd opinion. I called and found the Pain Management Clinic at Children's Hospital in St. Louis. I talked to them a great length about Brennan and they agreed to see him. We got our referral sent in and within a day they called and scheduled us.  So we are scheduled Dec 22nd for a very lengthy appointment. We were told to expect more testing.. I have more paper work to fill out.. that is always fun! I wish everyone had the same paper work to fill out so I could just make copies lolol.

Brennan's therapy is going good. He is working very hard in occupational. He still has a lot to work on. We have our good days and bad days. Speech is going so good that they may be releasing him soon. He has come a long ways!!!!

I will keep everyone updated when he goes to his appointment on the 22nd. Hoping it goes good and we can get more answers for our warrior!!!! Until then.. we deal and keep moving forward!

No comments :

Post a Comment