Sunday, November 1, 2015

24 hours and counting

24 hours and counting... this is what we have left until Brennan's next surgery. It has been an emotional day for me. Saying goodbye to Ty and Reagyn had gotten the best of me. I have never been away that long from my kids. I know they are getting well taken care of! Huge thank you to my mama and Uncle Mark for helping take care of them! This road trip was long... and boring! Brennan decided to keep us entertained on the way!
         

Some pics from our road trip. He fell asleep with the fry box in his mouth. Before he fell asleep he decided that he needed to play with Kool Aid sqeeze bottles.... never a dull moment! We are at the Ronald McDonald House now. Grandma and Grandpa Curry are here too. That made Brennan happy to see them. This place is a pretty amazing place! Ate dinner that was made by a group of girls that were volunteering from a culinary college conference. It was pretty good!!! Finally settling down to watch some Packer football!!! My nerves are starting to get the best of me. I am more emotional and nervous about this surgery. It is a more extensive and a lot longer than the first. I never thought a Chiari Malformation diagnosis would change our lives. Then being diagnosed  in August with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome has definitely changed our lives.  No child should ever have to suffer. No parent should have to watch their child suffer. So much has happened since his first surgery. I am praying this surgery will help slow down the progression of his Chiari. Tonight I go to bed emotional... still. Hugging Brennan tighter. I will keep everyone updated throughout the day and through out his hospital stay. Keep Brennan in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning. Tomorrow.. a new chapter starts.... 


2 comments :

  1. I am praying for Brennan and all of his family too! Am also praying right now that God will guide the surgeon's hands tomorrow morning and that everything will come out even better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers for you all

    ReplyDelete